The Benefits of Having a Will
After working hard to ensure your loved ones can have secure futures, it is important to make the time and effort needed for serious estate planning. Part of this plan includes identifying the distribution of your assets after death. You have two main options.
- Will: Simply stated, a will is a legally executed set of instructions that identifies those whom you intend to receive your property after death.
- Trust: A trust can apply during life and after death; it is a more complex process involving assigning a trustee to your named property. The trustee is then responsible for determining title in the name of the trust. It is common for a will to be included as part of a trust.
Without one of these documents in place, the courts determine inheritance rights after death. Both wills and trusts have certain advantages and disadvantages. Discussing your options with a Seattle wills attorney from Gregorek and Associates, PLLC is an important step in ensuring the best financial future for your loved ones.
A wills attorney helps clients in Seattle, Bellevue, and throughout Washington take advantage of the benefits of a will
The Seattle wills attorneys at Gregorek and Associates, PLLC help clients throughout Washington take advantage of the following benefits of having a legally executed will in place:
- A simple first step to planning. Creating a will can be as simple as leaving all your assets to a single beneficiary, or leaving specific items to a variety of people, or a combination of both options. Although you can change a will at any time, there is no requirement to update it for every future property acquisition—not true when you create a trust.
- Inexpensive to file. The potential simplicity of a will also makes it economical. Particularly if you have taken the time to itemize your assets and intended beneficiaries before seeking legal counsel, attorney fees are likely to relate to administration of the document.
- Preparation for a trust. If you want to take advantage of the benefits provided by a trust, the process is well served by the time already spent writing a will. And, until your trust is completed, you already have an important document legally filed to protect your heirs.
Contact Gregorek and Associates, PLLC for your important estate planning needs
Planning for your estate is a critical part of wealth planning. The skilled Seattle attorneys at Gregorek and Associates, PLLC have the experience needed to help you throughout this process—and our unique Wealth Plan System™ is a valuable tool that helps you navigate your way through complicated financial legal situations safely and securely. If you are interested in meeting with a wills attorney in Seattle, contact Gregorek and Associates, PLLC today. Located in Kirkland, WA, our lawyers support clients in Bellevue, Seattle, and throughout Washington State.